The Range at 601 wants to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone while using the shooting range. Safety is our number one concern and we appreciate all of our members and guests abiding by these Range Rules while using the facility.
1. Shooters are responsible for every shot they fire.
2. Always have your firearm pointed in a safe direction.
3. Never point a firearm at another member or guest.
4. Always keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire.
5. Everyone must wear hearing and eye protection while in the range.
6. You may bring multiple firearms to shoot at the range, but please only load and shoot one firearm at a time.
7. Rifles are allowed up to 30 caliber.
8. Place your firearm on the table at the firing line after removing it from your case or holster.
9. All firing is to be conducted from the standing position. Anyone wanting to figure from another position must contact The Range at 601 for assistance.
10. Drawing from a holster to fire is not allowed unless previously approved by The Range at 601.
11. Load and unload weapons on the firing line only.
12. If your gun malfunctions, lay it on the table at the firing line facing down range and notify range personnel for assistance.
13. When passing a firearm to another shooter, please have the cylinder or action open and visually check that it is unloaded.
14. Persons who have been convicted of a felony or are otherwise prohibited from using a firearm by state or federal law are not allowed on the range.
15. Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs are not allowed under any circumstances.
16. Persons under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times. The parent or guardian must sign a liability waiver.
17. Obey any commands issued by The Range at 601 personnel immediately.
18. When the command “Cease Fire” is given, stop shooting IMMEDIATELY, remove your finger from the trigger, keep your gun pointed in a safe direction and wait for further instructions from range personnel.
19. Anyone may give the command “Cease Fire” if they observe an unsafe act.
20. Please be sure to fire only on the target in your lane. Cross firing of targets is not allowed.
21. No one other than The Range at 601 personnel may pass the firing line unless authorized or instructed to do so.
22. Food and beverages are allowed only in designated areas.
23. The Range at 601 is a non-smoking facility.
24. Range personnel reserve the right to inspect any firearms or ammunition for safety.
25. Only one person may be shooting in each booth at a time unless accompanied by an instructor.
26. For their safety, expectant mothers are not permitted on the range.
27. All shooters must wash hands after shooting.
28. Shooters may bring their own ammo; however, we reserve the right to inspect and approve use of any ammo not purchased at The Range at 601.
29. For your safety, tracer, armor piercing and steel core ammunition are prohibited.
30. Members will be asked to present their Membership Card at each visit.
FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES MAY RESULT IN A LOSS OF SHOOTING PRIVILEGES AND/OR THE LOSS OF YOUR RANGE MEMBERSHIP.